In the article below, several aspects of Office Relocation Management services are presented to highlight the fundamentals
of a corporate move that might be a problem for you and your company.
The office relocation necessities are not the daily activities of a firm, and prerequisite comprehensive management and fully built-in co-dependent services for operating very soon following the moving to the new location. Some of those necessary services are listed below:
- Survey in the new place of work (e.g. space calculation, space planning, etc.)
- Interior design (e.g. fit out choice and procurement, and construction, etc.)
- Design and installation of mechanical, electrical, HVAC, sanitary systems, etc.
- Receiving of the permissions,
- Disabilities Discrimination Act,
- Health and safety,
- IT cabling, moving and installation,
- Telephone systems,
- Move management (e.g. crates, packing and moving, furniture assembly)
All of the requirements have to be reviewed in details for setting a dependable budget. Some fundamental cost items are below:
- Outsourcing expenses (e.g. leasing, tax, energy, maintenance, property agents, attorney costs, insurance expenses, temporary storage price during the move, etc.),
- Fire plan evaluation,
- Authority permission expenses,
- Design and fit out expenditures (e.g. interior design, new office fit out possession, delivery and installation costs, disposal costs of old office fit out, HVAC, telecommunication equipment and installation costs, IT related costs, cabling, equipment relocation, equipment upgrade and purchase costs etc.),
- Environmental assessment charges,
- Additional security costs during the move,
- Marketing campaign costs for the new office (e.g. announcements, invitations, website updates for the new office address and mail redirection),
- Dilapidation expenses for the old and new office (if you made alterations in the office and if your agreement demands putting the office back to its previous condition),
- Energy sources (budgeting for electricity, gas and, implementing the "green" convention for the new office)
- Contingency fund (i.e. about 20% of the main budget allocated for relocation, and will be used for funding the changes).
The provider must be eligible for meeting the necessities within the time and budget limits. The intention should be maximizing or optimizing the benefits of the moving company and the provider within the project restrictions so will be the relocation expenditures transformed into a wise investment in favour of the moving company in the long term.
We desire that the article above is effective for the long term vision on office relocation management needs of your business.